Re: Call for seconds: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 08:43, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:

> I'd like to add that I'm not opposed to changes in our membership
> policy. But those changes could fundamentally change our project, and I
> believe that it's important that there's a lot of discussion about it,

There have been a zillion conversations, ideas and suggestions over
this decade on these subjects.

> I'm also not comfortable at all with a process where a single individual
> posts his decision, we are allowed to suggest changes to amend it, and
> then the same individual implements his decision. And this is not about

That's almost exactly how the best software we have was created. :)

> being personal. I deeply respect Joerg, usually support his choices, and
> acknowledge that he did more grunt work for Debian than most of us.
>
> I also hope that we will never vote on this GR, because Joerg will
> publicly acknowledge that he probably was a bit too fast and he will
> stop all work on this topic until either:

I hope he does exactly what he laid out. If you have better ideas now
is your chance to come up with them. He's in a position to do
something and has the respect of the community; that's why he has the
authority to make the changes he suggests. Hopefully he will.