Re: Call for seconds: Resolving DFSG violations

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 12:22:14PM -0700, Jeff Carr wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 08:17, Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> wrote:
>
> > When ever a package in Debian is found to have been violating the DFSG for
>
> By who? There is no standard.

I don't think we need a standard to define things like "availability of source
code".  But do not trouble yourself, we haven't yet come to a situation in
which people claim a binary blob to be "source code".

> It seems to me this proposal would just allow idealogical zealots

I still don't know who are those zealots you keep talking about.  I'd
appreciate that if you have actual arguments you explain them, rather than
ressorting to this kind of cheap talk.

--
Robert Millan