Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2007: Draft ballot

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:21:02 +0200, Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net> said:

>> > Well, let me provide a more accurate analogy - if you pay several
>> > bills with that money, the bills don't have numbers assigned to
>> > them that you have to know about, they simply have the names of
>> > the recipients.
>>
>> Thanks for proving my point.  Every single one of those bills have
>> a serial number, which, like the Choice N string, is of little
>> interest to me. I, there fore, ignore it

> Because you can do so easily - the designer of the note made sure to
> print the value in a much larger font and made it stand out, while
> he put the serial number somewhere peripheral and smaller where
> barely anyone notices.

        I would argue that the ballot has a similar clearcut
 distinction: The ranking is the number the voter enters, the ordering
 of the choices has the prefix "Choice", and actually precedes the
 actual option.

        manoj
--
One man's Mede is another man's Persian. George M. Cohan