Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2007: Draft ballot

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 12:31:00PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> >> [ ] Choice 1: Foooo [ ] Choice 2: Baar
> >>
> >> Is inherently confusing? To whom?  Are you personally confused? or
> >> are you speculating?
>
> > That is inherently confusing because you also have to use the
> > numbers 1 and 2 for the rankings. Using the same set of options for
> > two different things, where you could use two distinct sets of
> > options for each different thing, is what is inherently confusing.
>
>         Actually, I used numbers for lots more things. I used numbers
>  to count money to pay for my coffee this morning. One dollar, Two
>  dollars.  I, however, failed to get confused with the rankings for my
>  vote with the money I counted out.

Well, let me provide a more accurate analogy - if you pay several bills with
that money, the bills don't have numbers assigned to them that you have to
know about, they simply have the names of the recipients.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.