Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2007: Draft ballot

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:06:34 +0000, Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> said:

> Manoj Srivastava writes ("Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2007:
> Draft ballot"):
>> [ ] Choice 1: Wouter Verhelst
>> [ ] Choice A: None Of The Above

> Would it be possible to use just letters, rather than both letters
> and numbers ?  That will make everything a little less confusing -
> in particular it makes it impossible to mistake rankings for choices
> and vice versa.

        Just don't think of 0xA as a latter, since it is not. Anyway,
 internally devotee uses numbers starting at 1 for the ranking as well
 as the options on the ballot.  I am not personally interested in
 changing any one of these defaults -- I don't think the ballot is
 confusing enough to warrant the expenditure of effort to refactor it
 in this fashion.

> Could it be permitted rearrange the entries on the ballot ?  It
> would be much clearer to be able to vote:

        The directive says do not delete any line in the ballot --
 but reordering is fine, as long as each choice remains on a line by
 itself.  Changing the line itself, beyond adding a numerical rank
 (base36 number, that is) in between the square brackets will
 invalidate the ballot.

        manoj
--
Anger is momentary madness. Horace