Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2007: Draft ballot

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 08:13:03AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >> redundant information eases parsing of potentially MTA mangled
> >> ballots
>
> > It eases the parsing of occasional corner cases with some voters,
> > yes, but if forces *all* voters to read something that is inherently
> > confusing.
>
> [   ] Choice 1: Foooo
> [   ] Choice 2: Baar
>
>         Is inherently confusing? To whom?  Are you personally
>  confused? or are you speculating?

That is inherently confusing because you also have to use the numbers 1 and
2 for the rankings. Using the same set of options for two different things,
where you could use two distinct sets of options for each different thing,
is what is inherently confusing.

>         Do we really want opinions from someone who is confused by
>  Choice N:? :)

I knew this was going to come up :) Obviously all of us can understand
the distinction between using numbers as rankings, and using numbers
as designations, once it is explained. Point is, we shouldn't have to
be explaining it when it can be done another, more straightforward way.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.