Re: Question to the candidates: RC bugs fixed

Le jeudi 15 mars 2007 à 23:29 +0100, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
> For readers who are interested in a more neutral point of view, I invite
> them to read the archives of debian-python during the month of june:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2006/06/threads.html

I don't think you make a good advocate for neutrality here. You were one
of those who made this horrible mess a political affair.

> And in particular this message where Joss decides alone to throw away the
> small agreed-upon bits that we had without any discussion:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2006/06/msg00210.html

Seeing the current state of python-support now I have stopped listening
to incompetent people, I am confident this was the right decision.

> As far as RC bug are concerned, the code of dh_python still lives in
> dh_pycentral and works well there. The main reason why it has been thrown
> away is because Joey Hess didn't want to keep dh_python and hasn't
> expressed that soon enough in the process.

The main reason why it was thrown away is because it was breaking the
former dh_python behavior in a horrible way.

> And Joey didn't participate
> because the discussion with Josselin and Matthias have been needlessly
> hostile and difficult.

"Needlessly hostile"? Do you really want to see how python packages
would look like today if people hadn't been hostile against Matthias'
crap? I admit - and assume - my hostility, but you've got some nerve to
call it needless.

> That was my last message in this (unconstructive) sub-thread.

Oh, sure. You start by attributing to yourself other people's work, then
you throw the thread away. After all, it's not as if you started it.

--
 .''`.