Re: Question to the candidates: RC bugs fixed

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 10:10:17PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:
> > Please brag about RC bugs you have fixed since sarge's
> > release, excluding bugs in your own packages.  Of
> > interest are both the quantity and intractability of the
> > bugs.  If you have not fixed RC bugs but have made
> > another noteworthy Project-oriented technical
> > contribution---again not concerning your own
> > packages---then please speak of that, instead.
>
> My biggest technical contributions over the last year are:
>
> - the management of the Python transition and the
>   development/fixing/modifications of the
>   corresponding dh_{python,pycentral,pysupport} scripts.
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/06/msg00014.html

  Uuuh which part do you refer to ?

  * the catastrophically broken so-called policy that has been pushed at
    debconf ?
  * the rewrite of that policy Manoj performed using valuable input from
    (among others) Joss and I ?
  * the tracking of the transition that _I_ performed [0] ?
  * the 120 NMU I did (most of them are still accounted to me[1]) ?
  * or the (broken with critical bugs) NMUs on dh_python uploads that
    finally got reverted to a more sane state that Joss, Joey Hess and
    Matthias coordinated to go to a saner state where even
    untransitionned package continued to work ?

  Don't reward yourself with work you didn't really accomplished.

  [0] http://bugs.debian.org/submitter:madcoder-python-transition@debian.org
      http://blog.madism.org/index.php/2006/08/01/97-python-transition

  [1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=madcoder@debian.org
--