Re: A question to the Debian community ...

> The expulsion procedure calls for such statements to be sent to both the
> DAMs and to -private.  So it's reasonable to discount mails from developers
> who didn't follow directions, isn't it?

Yes. OTOH the procedure also calls for such statements to contain
(new) reasoning for or against the expulsion. I didn't have anything
new to add to the reasonings (either for or against) so, as per the
procedure, I didn't send a "me too!" email. So, counting the
statements on -private only tells us that X developers were for it
and Y against. We cannot say that X/(X+Y) of all developers were for
and Y/(X+Y) against.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *