Re: A question to the Debian community ...

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> Why do you believe that a GR would do anything to resolve the endless
> mailing list noise?  I don't see any evidence that it would, regardless of
> the outcome.

Because I would seek one that mandates listmasters banning Sven Luther
from all lists, and DAMs expelling for ban-evasion.  I realise that
there is a way for it to continue after that, but hopefully it wouldn't.

While I know listmasters need not act even after approval, they are meant
to act following consensus and I don't think we can tell where consensus
lies on this topic, so the SRP is a pretty good to measure if we use
it properly.  I hope that anyone who disagrees with the tactics in the
GR proposed put up many amendments, so a good consensus can be found.
--
MJR/slef