Re: Anton's amendment

Yavor Doganov <yavor@doganov.org> writes:

> Well, it is not said explicitly, so this is an interpretation.  I'm
> quite certain that rephrasing is not allowed.

You are incorrect.  Provided you say there is no warranty, you may
change the text as you wish, and in whatever mechanism you wish.

> In the case of GNU Emacs, the authors considered natural, even
> necessary, to include the GNU Manifesto in the manual.

And that's fine, and if it were not invariant, we would continue to
distribute it in our copy of the manual too.  Saying it's important is
beside the point; most of us agree, and it is Debian's normal custom
to leave things like this alone.

Thomas