Re: Anton's amendment

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 23:45:42 +0200, Yavor Doganov <yavor@doganov.org> said:

> No, I think that Anton Zinoviev's amendment to the GR does *not*
> require a change to the DFSG.

> But as it is clear that DDs interpret the DFSG differently, I agree
> that a "clarification" to the DFSG #3 may be proposed at a later
> stage.  This will require 3:1 majority, of course.

        This is a procedural nightmare. What happens if we do split
 things and Anton's proposal asses, we issue a statement, and the DFSG
 amendment fails? We'll have a contradiction between a position
 statement and the DFSG, which is bad.

        I think these are related issues, and belong in one option on
 the same ballot.

        manoj
--
The whole of life is futile unless you consider it as a sporting
proposition.