Re: First call for vote on immediate vote under section 4.2.2

MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:
> martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

>> This is not my impression. My impression is that there's a small number
>> of opponents making most of the noise. It's the 80/20 rule all over
>> again.

> If that impression is accurate, it means the DPL is not making
> "decisions which are consistent with the consensus of the opinions of
> the Developers" as he was elected to do.  That is to say: this trouble
> is partly the DPL's fault.

Uh, 80/20 would generally be a consensus.

Consensus as used in these sorts of discussions and documents is not
synonymous with unanimity.  It is consensus in the vein of M-W's 1(b)
definition: "the judgment arrived at by most of those concerned <the
consensus was to go ahead>".  It's akin to "strong majority."

Compare the IETF rough consensus process, where it is explicitly
acknowledged that there are often working group members who are part of
the rough rather than the consensus.

In any event, *this* particular vote and tempest is rapidly on its way to
becoming moot through something that I think we can call consensus by any
definition.