Re: debian-women obscurity, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 10:09:07AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Sure. I have asked the questions on-topic here (summarised at
> http://debian.edv-bus.at/vote-2005/communication-exclusion.html
> http://debian.edv-bus.at/vote-2005/communication-debian-women.html )
> and hope candidates will answer.
>
> Since a request from someone I respect (and a few I don't), I have
> mostly given corrections and rebuttals of opinions falsely attributed
> to me. Directing that to a list for "funny things" is contemptible.

I was not responding to either of the pages posted at the above urls.
However, you seem to think those pages are relevant.  Which would imply,
for example, that it's contemptible to classify as funny the the first
question from the first url, above:

   "Do the women get extra attention because they write English?"

I'll agree that this isn't funny in the hilarious knee-slapping sense
of a really good joke.  It's kinda odd, and I think that there is a bit
of humor in the way that question is phrased, but let's ignore that and
try to focus on the issues here which are important to debian.

Er... is your contempt the important issue here?  If not, then what is?

--
Raul