Re: debian-women obscurity, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 12:22:49AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> What a load of cobblers. The "another list" was curiosa and I
> indicated I'm not going to discuss this right now with someone
> who thinks exclusion and discrimination are funny.

There's a difference between a topic as a whole, and a sub-thread which
does not appear to be going anywhere useful.

If this thread were about proposing balanced gender representation
across the site as a whole, I could agree that my attempt to divert
this thread elsewhere was inappropriate.  So far, I've not seen you make
any such proposal.  And, personally, I think that such a proposal would
probably be either ineffective, or inappropriate, given the volunteer
and dispersed nature of Debian.  As a general rule, the way to get things
done around here is to do them yourself.

> You're the one who seems confused, thinking that pointing and
> laughing that "sex" is an action too is on-topic.

I specifically pointed out that I was ignoring that interpretation
because it was a false implication.  If you read laughter into what I
wrote, it wasn't mine.

> Finally, you are all too willing to claim you don't understand
> the reasoning, yet attribute spurious reasoning to me, which
> isn't surprising, given your past anatagonism.

I have made that sort of claim, at times (for example, when faced with
a sentence structure that seemed garbled).

However, that was not my claim, in the message you are responding to.

--
Raul