Re: Clarification about krooger's platform

Take that up with d-www.

> I didn't find "the new mentoring programme" either. I remember being
> told some time ago that a mentor course would be announced,
> but now you mention it, I don't recall ever seeing it.

Oh my god, MJ Ray missed an announcement!  Everyone, stop what you're doing,
we need to announce something to MJ personally.

> > As for their own processes, they use a public mailing list,
> > a public IRC channel, post regular summaries of off-list activity and
> > have regular online meetings whose minutes are publicly posted.  Their
> > goals and guidelines are publicly available on their website.  Doesn't
> > entirely smack of secrecy to me.
>
> Both their list and IRC judge you and if they consider you a
> "troll" then there is a secret silence against you (again

The sky is falling!  A community has standards and is enforcing them!

> endorsed in the last IRC meeting, it seems). You don't have
> to fight flamewars with your critics, but you should respond
> to them, even if only dismissively. Hell, the effort I've put

No, that's the benefit of free speech -- you're free to not speak, as well.
You're just annoyed because nobody bit at some piece of flamebait you threw
out.

> in to trying to persuade debian-women should suggest I'm not
> just trolling. If anything, it's debian-women who are carrying
> out classic troll "asymmetric infowar" on the rest of debian
> with their "ignore those who don't agree" approach.

WTF?  Choosing to not talk to someone is trolling now?  I don't know about
you, but it's been a while since I've been fishing where the fish have just
jumped into the boat without any prompting.

> Notice that most of the points under how to avoid being sexist
> haven't actually been done yet. There are members of single-sex
> linuxchix chapters active in the subproject too. While it's

Guilt by (tenuous) association.  There's a Debian developer with white
supremacist tendencies, too, does that make us all nazis?

- Matt