Re: Questions to candidates: what is source?

Seo Sanghyeon wrote:
The Debian Free Software Guidelines states that "The program must
include source code".
1. How do you define "source code" yourself?

It means different things in different contexts; for Debian's purposes it means the stuff you need to modify then compile to produce the stuff you actually want to use.

The most significant drawback of any disagreement over what's source code is people spending more time arguing over what source code is, rather than creating more of it. My understanding is that most of the project is able to tell when the source code available is sufficient, and I'm confident in the appropriate delegates' (ftpmaster for acceptance into the archive and RM for what's release critical and not) judgement on this issue. It'd be pretty weird if I wasn't, I guess. :)

Cheers,
aj