Re: communication obscurity [was: debian-women obscurity]

Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 02:25:49AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Like those are the only two options, the two extremes. It
> When you're trying to solve the problem of "ensure that someone you may not
> know exists gets your announcements", that is basically it. [...]

Please reconsider your statement of the problem. It's not that
extreme and that's why you see the solutions as extreme.

> > [...] Can't blame
> > people for not seeing cool stuff if it's stuck away in an
> > obscure backwater mostly unannounced.
> Where was there blame? [...]

After krooger wondered about adequate transparency, there was
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/03/msg00032.html

> It was more "d-women
> sucks because I don't know where the mentoring program material is".

It's not like I don't write enough daft things for you to quote
back at me, but you still feel compelled to invent worse quotes!
On the mentoring material, I *asked* where it was first off *and*
got a couple of *great* replies! Yet *you* still put the boot in.

[...]
> For that matter, where are the on-going, public announcements from the vital
> work that the esperanto language team is doing to help Debian?  Perhaps you
> need to get your own house in order first.

Of course, that criticism is justified, but I'm working on it
already. Last week, I rejoined debian-www to refamiliarise
myself with how the web site works so that I can expand the
information on there. I've patched one bug and been beaten to
a couple of others.  I'm a little concerned by the number of
old bugs for mirrors, but I'm not working on that now.

In mitigation, there's only one of me, I only started translating
esperanto at all *after* debian-women was created and I'm
willingly active in the DPL election right now, so I feel it's
still fair to ask: what are you doing to tidy your house?