Re: Clarification about krooger's platform

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:03:59PM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:10:45PM -0500, Erinn Clark wrote:
> >None of the individuals listed in the gender imbalance section were
> >consulted about this plan
>
> The initial slate of stakeholder candidates were chosen for their
> publicly demonstrated commitment to gender equity in Debian.  Should any
> candidate prefer to direct their efforts toward other activities,

But you saw no need to consult the people you named prior to including them
in a list of "appointees" as to whether they would be willing to be a part
of your little sham committee.  Consultation with stakeholders *before*
pushing them around might be a good step, don't you think?

> >We also think these issues are deeper than can be fixed with a three
> >month analysis.
>
> The longest journey begins with a single step.  Not even the shortest
> journey begins without that single step!

Giving someone a shove down the stairs isn't a real winning strategy to
starting a journey.

- Matt