Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

* Raul Miller (moth@debian.org) [040522 21:10]:
> On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 07:11:57PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > In this particular case, the delegate refuses to share his
> > interpretation of the proposed texts, meaning that the developers have
> > no idea about which of the proposals will actually cause him to
> > consider himself overridden.

> There seems to be some opinion that the social contract forbids
> the release policy desired by the people wishing to overrule the
> delegate in question.
>
> Also, the people who disagree with this have been remarkably shy in
> expressing their reasoning.  [And rather vocal on tangential issues.]

I'm one of the people who consider that the current SC allows to
release sarge as is (of course after fixing the open technical issues,
e.g. the RC-bugs). However, as a strong believer in democratic
principles, I still consider that it would be good to have a
3:1-majority to do this decision. And, IMHO there are enough drafts on
the market that there is no need to do another one.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/