Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 03:40:04PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Nor did I complain that he didn't.  But if I had said, "would this GR
> impose any delays on the release of sarge", I would expect him to say,
> "in my opinion, yes".  Nobody asked, so it's not somebody's fault.
> I'm not expecting him to guess.
>
> But now I *am* asking.

But that's a question for the last GR, not this one.

He's more than provided an answer to the general question.

It's as if you still haven't figured out why it was an issue on the
last GR.

The answer for at least some of the GRs is "maybe, depending on unknown
factors".  The answer for other GRs is "well, of course there would be
a delay because we still have to wait for it to pass".  Longer GRs will
take a few hours longer to digest than shorter GRs.  Etc.  Do you care
about any of these?

Try this, instead:

[1] prepare a page describing in detail what you think each GR
means for the release of the packages in question.
[2] post the url for that page
[3] ask people to critique the page

if you do this, and post some details which are mistaken or contentious,
it will be possible to recognize them.

--
Raul