Re: non-free and users?

Daniel Burrows wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 12:43:22PM +0100, Sergey Spiridonov <sena@hurd.homeunix.org> was heard to say:

Producing and distributing non-free is ethical. If I produce a package with closed source and distribute it, it is ethical, since it help people to solve their tasks. It compels me to non-ethical action when someone, for example, will request sources from me.

  Suppose you package foo-nonfree, a package whose source code is not
available.  Some time later, a user requests the sources from you.  You
reply, "I'm sorry, I don't have the source code and so I can't give it
to you."

I do not have ready example on how one can compel himself to act unethical if he distributes program without sources. I propose to finish discussing the example which I already presented, before we will start to discuss other cases.

Can you please try to find a flaw in the example already proposed?
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov