Re: Some questions for the DPL candidates

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 09:45:40AM -0800, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> --- craing sanders wrote ---
>
> do you intend to take any action to have non-free removed from the
> debian archives? (this is a yes or no question, but feel free to make
> comments after answering yes or no).
> --- end quote ---
>
> if i say yes, then i support the removal of non-free.
> if i say no, then i wish to avoid this hot-topic altogether.
>
> this is a ``have you stopped [insert really bad thing] yet?'' question
> after all.

no it's not. i'm asking him what his intentions are and trusting him to
be honest in his reply.

if he says yes, then he has an intention to remove non-free. if he says
no, then he has no such intention.

that's all.

> > normal politicians give me the shits, which is *precisely* why i want a
> > clear and direct answer to the question.
>
> i agree with this sentiment, however your question did force the
> candidate into the position of waffling.

nope.

i'm getting really tired of this "debate". i have no interest at all in
debating my question with anyone. all i want is an answer from branden,
and the more that all you people make a mountain out of a molehill and
crap on about the question, the less likely it is that he'll ever answer
it.

so thank you for making sure that the question will never get answered.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

      GnuPG Key: 1024D/CD5626F0
Key fingerprint: 9674 7EE2 4AC6 F5EF 3C57  52C3 EC32 6810 CD56 26F0