Re: Some questions for the DPL candidates

* Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> [010308 23:24]:
> a sentence can be used to avoid answering a question. anyone who has
> observed a politician in action for 5 minutes will have seen several
> examples of this behaviour.

I would like to think that none of the DPL candidates would engage in
this behavior.

I think we could avoid the whole diatribe against politicians by
recognizing that the question is too complex for a single-word to be an
adequate answer. By allowing the candidates to fully explore the
situation in detail, we can avoid entirely the "broken promise"
syndrome. With a paragraph or two, a candidate could describe entirely
and succinctly his or her approach to non-free. By asking for a single
word, I would argue that you are forcing the candidate to be *more* like
traditional politicians because the candidate *cannot* describe his or
her position with 'yes' or 'no'.

Please reconsider what you are asking; ask for a short response, perhaps
in the length of a single paragraph. If the candidate only answers 'yes'
or 'no', what does this mean? *That* is the answer that worries me the
most. I would rather have a better description of the candidates' plans
for (or ambivalence towards) non-free.

Cheers! :)

--
Earthlink: The #1 provider of unsolicited bulk email to the Internet.