Re: Non-Free Warning at Package Install -- Was: Alternate proposal

Hi,

 Martin> Craig Brozefsky wrote:
 >> I would also like for it to be easy for me to determine which non-free
 >> packages are on my system.  I'm no dpkg slouch, but I haven't figured
 >> out an easy way (less than 10 minutes of awk scripting) to do it yet.

 Martin> Install vrms.

        This I like. Rather than imposing political agendas on all
 users, people who do not like non-free software can just install it
 on their machine. We can even make vrms be as obnoxious as we wish --
 like asking on every install, every removal, and sending email every
 5 seconds, deleting non-free software surreptitiously, whatever
 people want on their machines.

        It should not be imposed on users who have chosen to so
 install the non-fee software.

        manoj
--
 It [being a Vulcan] means to adopt a philosophy, a way of life which
 is logical and beneficial.  We cannot disregard that philosophy