Re: The Gordian Knot (was Re: Negative Summary of the Split Proposal)

      If you want to refer them to "gnu.debian.org" web
    site (a better name than "debian.gnu.org" if we're going to do the
    work), then that site should be sufficient, and can be constructed as
    I previously outlined with minimal hassle (because it's 100%
    transparent to our existing users), without any references to
    non-free.

That is exactly the sort of thing I have in mind for the web pages.  I
would suggest having names such as "official.debian.org" and
"free.debian.org" for new free server.  I hope that these names will
be memorable enough, that if we recommend those sites, people will
remember the host name.