Re: /etc/resolv.conf changes every booting time

On 8/7/23 21:47, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Mon, Aug 07, 2023 at 09:03:47PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
And I'm back
to hunting for the reason I can ping yahoo.com but not other machines on my
local net, that are fully identified in my hosts file or vice versa

Start a new thread, and treat the problem seriously.  Show us the
commands you're running and their output.  Show us the relevant
parts of your configuration.

That particular problem has been solved, Greg, and 60 days later there's no way I can recreate all that.

There is at my age some considerable truth in the remark that I can't remember what I had for breakfast or if I even had any. It might be funny to the younger folks here, until they can't recall it either...

Don't just tack it onto a different thread and make vague statements.
That won't solve anything.

Go back and look at me vs digikam. No help here, no help there. All the clues and they are scant at best, the database can make its index files just fine which are on my raid, Digikam can see every pix I've ever stored there, it can see every pix on the card in the camera, but when I ask it to download a pix from the camera, a jpg file, it winds up saying at the end without logging an error anyplace I've found, but claims the target directory selected to save the pix to, does not exist, when I can see it and its contents just fine in the other digikam window.

I load up a file I want to 3d print in cura, slice it into gcode, click on save to disk. kde gets in the way so it opens a tab on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen and to continue I have to click on that tab. 20% of the time the where do you want to save it requester pops up instantly but 80% of the time the whole workspace freezes for 2 minutes. Eventually the save requester pops up and life goes on at normal speeds I have the thought that both occurrences are different exhibits of the same access problem. But thats just a WAG. The commonality is both apps are AppImages, and my /home is a raid. Is there a connection? w/o logs, how can I tell. There are no "user" logs.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis