Re: /etc/resolv.conf changes every booting time

On 8/7/23 14:57, Brian wrote:
On Sun 06 Aug 2023 at 20:50:26 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

[...]

Sorry you are so offended by a hosts file user Andy, but when the guys

Did someone mention a hosts file? Is this an attempt to move discussion on
to a different toic? I thought 'chattr -i' and the wisdom of using it was
under discussion.

Its all related to networking.

My experience is that 'chattr -i' cripples the ability of my laptop to roam
on other networks.

I do not own a lappy. The last one I had, an hp I paid about $1500 for, was so poorly supported that when I went out someplace as a consulting engineer, had to borrow a modem from the motel just to talk to their wifi about 50% of the time. The rest of the time the wifi needed a reboot. Even windows xp could not make the broadcom radio in it work. Its battery was as problematic as the windows it came with, and when it died I tossed it. My expertise as a broadcast consultant went out of date when the US went digital in mid-2008. Now I just keep our local Ma and Pa daytimer on the air. I also don't have a hell phone.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis