Re: logging no longer standard?

On 08/08/2023 00:35, gene heskett wrote:
There is not a way to have it start doing the trace when I click on the save to disk button.

Really? And certainly --attach/-p option is not a rescue.

Sending output to a file, filtering specific calls, increasing per line size limit are useless options as well.

I have no idea which way you may break journald and why you have not just installed rsyslog yet if you trust it more and have a hope to find there more info than in journalctl output. journalctl has a number option for filtering: per unit, --system, --user, etc.

However an AppImage may send nothing to the syslog or journald sockets. stderr might appear e.g. in ~/.xsession-errors