Re: repeat of previous question that has gone unansweredseveraltimes.

On Tue, May 09, 2023 at 04:06:14AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> I think you have said resolv.conf Search directive doesn't work but
> nsswitch.conf was mentioned and there is a diff between this machine and one
> of the arms. So what do I put in nsswitch.conf to make cups search the hosts
> file first?

The bare minimum would be:

hosts:      files dns

Mine contains this:

hosts:          files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns

The "search" directive in /etc/resolv.conf is followed by a space-separated
list of domain names.  Yours should say:

search coyote.den