Re: SSD Optimization - Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1

piorunz <piorunz@gmx.com> writes:

> Your 5600X is 12 threaded 65W processor. So it should behave like my
> 1700, same TDP range, but 1700 never reaches throttling temperature.
> Your never gen. CPU probably goes far beyond 65W in power draw. See if
> you can tweak BIOS settings, that may save you not only buying new
> cooler, but in electricity bill and CPU longevity as well :)

I actually turned on the PBO optimization myself since I wanted that for
gaming. I don't think Asrock's goal is to win those reviews since it
wasn't even on by default. The motherboard model is B550 Extreme4 so
budget chipset and nothing fancy. Mostly I picked it for the minimal but
apparently sufficient information that ECC is supported and the
interface options.

I should really take some time to test the system a little more to see
where the clock speeds get up to and how the temperature behaves.

Also as I have the commercial memtest86, it should be possible to inject
ECC errors with it. I just haven't tried that yet.