Re: exif --remove not idempotent, and a Debian man page bug

On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 09:07:29PM +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> >> Look again!
> >
> > Look at it? I'll quote it in full (attached).
>
> Look more, quote less ...
>
>     <incal> for f in **/*.jpg; do exif --remove -o $f $f; done | grep 'Wrote
>             file' | wc -l # 2277 (1st invocation)
>
>     <incal> for f in **/*.jpg; do exif --remove -o $f $f; done | grep 'Wrote
>             file' | wc -l # 2277 (2nd invocation)

There is NO exif output in that message.

The only "output" there is from wc -l, and it's you typing it as a comment
after the shell command, not even showing it properly.

The entire thread was a result of your assumption that exif would NOT write
the words "Wrote file" if the input file had no exif tag in it.  This turned
out to be false.  exif writes those words every time.

A simple test on your part, with one file, would have revealed that.

Problem solved.  Now can you just STOP?  I'm getting THOROUGHLY sick of
the incorrect pedantry and the noise.