Re: exif --remove not idempotent, and a Debian man page bug

On Mon 26 Sep 2022 at 07:42:16 (+0200), Emanuel Berg wrote:
> David Wright wrote:
>
> >> See the first post ...
> >
> > The OP didn't contain any exif output, only a couple of
> > command lines, apparently written in zsh shell
>
> Look again!

Look at it? I'll quote it in full (attached).

> > The focus of the thread seems to have changed to the meaning
> > of a word in the Subject, and an old email address that
> > might help in distinguishing Lutz Mueller from all the other
> > Lutz Muellers.
>
> I have now clarified to the best of my ability the meaning of
> that word and I think that will help people understand at last
> why incorrect tech information, actually disinformation at
> that point, can't be allowed in software documentation. I get
> it now that this was the root of the confusion but as always
> everything in time ...

Please—there's no malicious content in the man page.
The attribution was true at the time it was written, and
is clearly dated. If the author had given a street address
(as used to be the case in the past), since demolished,
or had retired from writing software, or was deceased,
that doesn't change the authorship.

And if you dispute the man page, you might be more
concerned about its author and copyright holders,
rather than the author of the software itself.

Cheers,
David.
[ … ]