Re: Verison IPv6 -- I want to stick with IPv4 (was Re: ipv6: static ipv6 address with dynamic network address possible?)

Am 13. Aug 2022, um 23:42:17 Uhr schrieb David Wright:

> AFAICT the rest of your post is concerned with global IPv6 addresses
> rather than local (ULA) ones, which is why the prefix for the home
> LAN has to be given to you rather than generated/assigned by yourself.

It is possible to use an additional ULA at home to address computers.
This ULA can be taken to a new provider because it is only valid inside
your network - not on the internet.
Then the GUA prefix is being used to connect to other computers
on the internet outside your network. Your computer can have multiple
IPv6 addresses, it already has at least 2 (link-local and GUA).