Verison IPv6 -- I want to stick with IPv4 (was Re: ipv6: static ipv6 address with dynamic network address possible?)

On Monday, August 01, 2022 12:08:47 PM Lee wrote:
> Verizon FIOS finally rolled out IPv6 in my area.  yay!

I guess if I read that right, Verizon still supports IPv4 and has not
announced any plans to discontinue it?

I feel like I'm getting too old to learn (too many) new things, so if my ISP
made a similar announcement, I'd want to stick with IPv4.

Or, I'd be looking for a very simple explanation of how to switch to and use
Ipv6 -- not looking for that now, but Imight have to at some point. :-(

--
rhk

If you reply: snip, snip, and snip again; leave attributions; avoid HTML;
avoid top posting; and keep it "on list".  (Oxford comma included at no
charge.)  If you change topics, change the Subject: line.

Writing is often meant for others to read (legal agreements excepted?) -- make
it easier for your reader by various means, including liberal use of
whitespace.

If someone else has already responded to a question, decide whether any
response you add will be helpful or not ...

A picture is worth a thousand words -- divide by 10 for each minute of video
(or audio) or create a transcript and edit it to 10% of the original.