Re: Verison IPv6 -- I want to stick with IPv4 (was Re: ipv6: static ipv6 address with dynamic network address possible?)

On Wed 10 Aug 2022 at 08:12:11 (-0000), Curt wrote:
> I never realized that local addresses were fundamentally identical in all
> local networks because there weren't enough addresses in the first place,

Don't you need them to be identical because otherwise everybody
would have to configure their border equipment (like routers)
to recognise /their/ choice as local.

It's not clear, either, how you would select your own local
range without accidentally choosing addresses that are in use
somewhere on the globe, unless the choice was a fixed, well-
known set of possible values (as it is: 10, 172.16–31, 192.168).

Cheers,
David.