Re: Verison IPv6 -- I want to stick with IPv4 (was Re: ipv6: static ipv6 address with dynamic network address possible?)

On Tue, 2 Aug 2022 15:04:13 +0000
Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2022 at 10:44:54AM -0400, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, August 01, 2022 12:08:47 PM Lee wrote:
> > > Verizon FIOS finally rolled out IPv6 in my area.  yay!
> >
> > I guess if I read that right, Verizon still supports IPv4 and has not
> > announced any plans to discontinue it?
>
> That would be commercial suicide. At present you have to go out of
> your way to buy IPv6-only services.

I may be misunderstanding what you're saying here, but T-Mobile
wireless is IPv6 only (and uses its own (now standardized as RFC 6877)
464XLAT protocol to talk to IPv4 only networks:

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6877

Celejar