Re: [SUMMARY STATEMENT] Was: Re: Why did Norbert Preining (having maintained KDE) left Debian?

On 2022-01-23 19:27, local10 wrote:
> Jan 23, 2022, 23:58 by debian@polynamaude.com:
>

>>> Sounds sketchy but whatever.  Is there a list of all the horrible things Norbert Preining said that was used to support the decision to demote him? As a Debian and KDE user I'm trying to understand if Debian leadership was reasonable in demoting a valuable and long-term developer (because a project managed by unreasonable leadership is doomed).
>>>
>> Are you going to do the same complex investigation for all other Linux
>> distribution you may plan to use ?
>>
>> And also for all the software used in building the Debian distribution ?
>>

> I asked you a simple question: Is there a list of all the horrible things Norbert Preining said that was used to support the decision to demote him?
What about this for a answer....
What we call disciplinary record (in the human resources world it's
called this way) is something private, same as the deliberation of a
sanction to impose. Only the judgement is public (rule of natural justice).

Why would you be entitled to have such information ?
Anyway, I wasn't part of anything regarding the action taken. But I've
seen this answered many times on the mailing list and you seem to be
asking again and again.

> Instead of providing a clear answer to the question you seem to be more interesting in engaging in sophism and detracting from the essence of the matter. In a way this is also an answer, it just shows and you are evasive and want to rely on trickery and distractions to support your point instead of facts.
>
> Anyhow, I've heard enough.

We've all heard enough of this unproductive debate.

This was my last intervention on this matter.
As part of a group or a society as a whole, we have to accept decision
taken that we don't always agree to but that we have agreed to the rules
behind such decision.

The use of the whole Debian infrastructure mean you agree to the Debian
Code of Conduct. The said code was used to take action by the specific
actors that led to both the decision and it's consequences.
By using the mailing list, you agree upon accepting the Debian Code of
Conduct.

The time is over when it was acceptable for people to act in anti-social
behavior but that we put sunglasses over blind eye because such person
was considered of good technical expertise.

If Linus Torvals was able to look upon himself and admit that time have
changed then maybe it's time for others to follow his example. And I'm
not saying to act rude like he did but to see that time have changed
(for the better or worse, this is not the question here).

You guys seem to take this same as if it was a religious matter. So it's
real hard to have any discussion. Ever when we show a track of evidence,
you don't even look at them or simply cherry pick what you feel.

Sincerely,

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside