Re: [SUMMARY STATEMENT] Was: Re: Why did Norbert Preining (having maintained KDE) left Debian?

On 2022-01-23 18:32, local10 wrote:
> Jan 23, 2022, 21:43 by peb@debian.org:
>
>> What happened is that DAM took a decision, which was challenged by some
>> Developers, among with some were willing to start a General Resolution
>> to overturn DAM's decision.
>>
>> In that heated discussion, Ian decided to collect any bad interaction
>> between Norbert and any other person to disclose these before the GR
>> starts and is voted on.
>>
>> As I already said, but you apparently decided to not read, Ian was not
>> part of the decision making at any part, and, apart from the others who
>> replied, two DAM members told him it wasn't fine.
>>

> Sounds sketchy but whatever.  Is there a list of all the horrible things Norbert Preining said that was used to support the decision to demote him? As a Debian and KDE user I'm trying to understand if Debian leadership was reasonable in demoting a valuable and long-term developer (because a project managed by unreasonable leadership is doomed).

Are you going to do the same complex investigation for all other Linux
distribution you may plan to use ?

And also for all the software used in building the Debian distribution ?
Because if any of them, let say Apache LibreOffice would be badly
managed (as your judgment) then it would be doomed (as your judgment).
So if you want to act fair play in every part of the game then it's not
only the distribution that has to be evaluated but also the whole
system. Because Debian only package software together and if any one of
them would fail, there's no guarantee that any of the Debian members
would pick up to continue development.

Whatever proof you may expect, it was already provided on this mailing
list, many times to you in the threads.

You seem much more interested in finding objectionable action taken than
to saying thanks for the job done.
What have you contributed lately ?

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside