Re: "Package was removed from Debian because of a variable name" myth (?) (was: Re: Why did Norbert Preining (having maintained KDE) left Debian?)

> If you insist on continuing with this I haven't seen the code that was
> removed and no idea what it does.

You will need to open the URL in a Javascript-enabled browser.  Once
you've done so, you can scroll down through the page to see what the
proposed changes were.  This shows you the "before" and "after".  The
"before" sections are the code which was considered offensive.

> The reports at the time were that it was removed for sexist type variable
> names.
> Was it removed then for Anglo Saxon expletives in the comments ?

No.  Nobody really cares about the word "fucking".

It was all about the homophobia.

There's also one user-visible piece of homophobia.  It's in the last
section -- an actual message written to the terminal or wherever.

For more details about Debian's decision, see
<https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=907199#47>.