Re: "Package was removed from Debian because of a variable name" myth (?) (was: Re: Why did Norbert Preining (having maintained KDE) left Debian?)

On 2022-01-23 08:16, mick crane wrote:
> On 2022-01-23 11:56, Andy Smith wrote:
>> Hi Mick,

>>> https://gitlab.com/woob/woob/-/merge_requests/228/diffs#85eabf8cd7ee0b4611976309bd723f6ad7b301c4_785_784
>>>

>>> That'll be it.
>>
>> Thanks for confirming. So would you like to retract your statement
>> that it was removed "because of variable names"?
>>
>> And hopefully now that's cleared up you will feel better about
>> Debian's direction of travel.
>>

> If you insist on continuing with this I haven't seen the code that was
> removed and no idea what it does.
> The reports at the time were that it was removed for sexist type
> variable names.
> Was it removed then for Anglo Saxon expletives in the comments ?
I'm just reading the thread and I was able to spot the answer of your
question. You can even spot it yourself... It's some line higher in the
message. Let me copy it for you, so it's easy :

--
https://gitlab.com/woob/woob/-/merge_requests/228/diffs#85eabf8cd7ee0b4611976309bd723f6ad7b301c4_785_784

Either one of two things :
You don't speak English (where I doubt it's the case)
You lack in good faith in your exchange on the channel.

This make it very annoying for people to see such acting out.
And doesn't help much in progressing any type of debate.

I have no idea what are your plan to reach down the road but you may get
much more than you expect.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside