Re: "Package was removed from Debian because of a variable name" myth (?) (was: Re: Why did Norbert Preining (having maintained KDE) left Debian?)

On 2022-01-23 11:38, Andy Smith wrote:
Hello,

On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 11:17:25AM +0000, mick crane wrote:
I was a little concerned about the direction of travel when that software
got removed from the repository because of variable names.

If you're referring to the WebOOB package, that was not why it was
removed and incorrect statements like that are not helpful.

This diff might give you an idea of some of the problems with this
software (sadly broken TLS setup so have to click through warning):

https://gitlab.com/woob/woob/-/merge_requests/228/diffs#85eabf8cd7ee0b4611976309bd723f6ad7b301c4_785_784

If you are referring to some other package, I'm not recalling it.
Can you remind me which one it was please?

That'll be it.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31