Re: firefox and limited bookmarks. WTH?

On Saturday, January 22, 2022 6:18:37 PM EST Felix Miata wrote:
> gene heskett composed on 2022-01-22 18:03 (UTC-0500):
> > I may have an amanda backup from a time in late october when that
> > shingled seagate committed suicide, but no clue at this point, which
> > amanda file it might be in. Scattered willy nilly about another 2T
> > drive, the only spinning rust left in this box. What would it be
> > called if I can find the last home level 0 that contains it?
>
> ~/.mozilla/firefox/profiles.ini contains the particulars for each
> existing profile, including each directory name that contains a
> profile's data. places.sqlite is the file that contains history and
> bookmarks.

Interesting train of thought...

And does all this get thrown under the buss if sqlite isn't there or
isn't configured correctly? I've not touched any of that since the
install. Here it is:
============================
gene@coyote:~/.mozilla/firefox$ cat profiles.ini
[Profile1]
Name=default
IsRelative=1
Path=t7o642n4.default
Default=1

[Profile0]
Name=default-esr
IsRelative=1
Path=cfkfrtdm.default-esr

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1
Version=2

[Install3B6073811A6ABF12]
Default=cfkfrtdm.default-esr
Locked=1
================================
Doesn't look too impressive to me. But I'm not to be confused with a
browser expert.
/home/amanda/.mozilla/firefox/nz58vim6.default-esr is no perms for me.
from firefox on in the above link 1001:backup owns it, patently wrong.

Now, that is already a backup recovery, but shouldn't gene:gene own:group
it all? We may have just found it!

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)