Re: firefox and limited bookmarks. WTH?

On Saturday, January 22, 2022 5:45:00 PM EST Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 03:05:22PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all ff experts;
> >
> > Since installing bullseye, and your version of firefox, discovering
> > that dissenter is history, I just found that firefoxes forever
> > retention of bookmarks now has a max limit set way too low, or a
> > timeout that is quicker than it is useful. Looking at bookmarks, and
> > its been about a month since I logged in to move a few sheckels
> > around, I needed to do that again, and find that bookmark and login
> > have been expired out of access if not out of the machine. Obviously
> > that, being my banking, has never been written down. I have
> > foolishly depended on my browser to remember all that.
>
> Firefox has a sync feature: if you still have one machine with a
> working Firefox and profile, you can sync it across to the (now)
> bullseye machine.
>
> > Is that fixable from the about:config menu. to restore the former
> > hundreds of bookmarks it had back in stretch, or do I have to find
> > another browser and start all over.
>
> Did you ever copy the your directory (including the firefox folder) to
> another machine as backup?

I may have an amanda backup from a time in late october when that
shingled seagate committed suicide, but no clue at this point, which
amanda file it might be in. Scattered willy nilly about another 2T drive,
the only spinning rust left in this box. What would it be called if I can
find the last home level 0 that contains it?

> > In that event, suggestions investigated.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett.
>
> All best, as ever,
>
> Andy Cater