firefox and limited bookmarks. WTH?

Greetings all ff experts;

Since installing bullseye, and your version of firefox, discovering that
dissenter is history, I just found that firefoxes forever retention of
bookmarks now has a max limit set way too low, or a timeout that is
quicker than it is useful. Looking at bookmarks, and its been about a
month since I logged in to move a few sheckels around, I needed to do
that again, and find that bookmark and login have been expired out of
access if not out of the machine. Obviously that, being my banking, has
never been written down. I have foolishly depended on my browser to
remember all that.

Is that fixable from the about:config menu. to restore the former
hundreds of bookmarks it had back in stretch, or do I have to find
another browser and start all over.

In that event, suggestions investigated.

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis