Re: Desktop "locking".

On 12/16/21, peter@easthope.ca <peter@easthope.ca> wrote:

> Thanks Andre.  I wonder whether we all refer to the same green button.
> http://easthope.ca/UnlockYourDesktop.jpg
> It wasn't among the first hundred or so images reported by Google.

I've never seen that before. Just means I haven't used the program
that's involved.

> I removed light-locker and green button continues to appear.  =8~(

There must be a way to track down what's invoking that button's image.
That would lead to a parent directory. In the last couple of weeks,
I've either tripped over a package that could do so or else have seen
it shared here at Debian-User for some query. I can't remember what it
was, though. It was something that was not apt-file.

Oh, PS I plugged the image into Google's image search. I had high
hopes that would find something, but it said nope, nothing matches. It
did identify the image as a dot and said:

"When used as a diacritic mark, the term dot is usually reserved for
the interpunct, or to the glyphs "combining dot above" and "combining
dot below" which may be combined with some letters of the extended
Latin alphabets in use in Central European languages and Vietnamese.
Wikipedia"

Cindy :))
--
Cindy-Sue Causey