Re: Need Support on Debian10 Linux Kernel Upgrade

Balasubramanian Ravuthan wrote:

>  We are looking support from you on the Linux Kernel upgrade on  Debian 10.
>
> We are currently using Debian10 Buster Linux Kernel 4.19 version and trying to upgrade to Debian10 Buster Linux Kernel 5.10 version. Is there any impact on this upgrading.
>
> In other words, what are the things will get affected if we do kernel upgrade.

Buster was not released with a 5.10 kernel. A 5.10 kernel came
with Bullseye, Debian 11. Are you getting this from backports?

In general, Linus is pretty flexible about what kernels are
being used. The difference will be that the 5 series presumably
has fixed some old bugs, introduced some new bugs, and some
things will be faster or slower. Overall, more hardware is
supported, but if everything was working well with 4.19, then
there's no immediate reason to suspect it won't work with 5.10.

For more details, you're going to have to ask a more specific
question.

-dsr-