Desktop "locking".

Gnome Desktop Manager and Wayland/Weston in Debian 11 here. Two
screens work nicely on a NVIDIA NV18  [GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x] (rev
a2) PCI adapter.

When the console is idle for 4 or 5 minutes the screens go black.

Mouse activity gives a small window with a green disk and title
"Unlock your desktop". With a click on the green disk and some patience
the display reappears.

Turning the screen black to prevent unnecessary wear makes sense. The
green button is superfluous.  I'd rather that mouse or keyboard
activate the display as quickly as possible.

In /etc/gdm3/greeter.dconf-defaults I set
sleep-inactive-ac-timeout=0
and the "locking" is unchanged.

What produces the "lock" window with green disk?  Can it be shut off?
If so, how?

Thx,                     ... P.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147