Re: Desktop "locking".

    From: Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
    Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 10:17:31 +0100
> On Lu, 13 dec 21, 23:56:14, Kenneth Parker wrote:
> >
> > light-locker is the package.  It is a small subset of xscreensaver, if I
> > recall correctly.
>
> It's a component of XFCE (though LXDE is using it too) and completely
> unrelated to xscreensaver.
>
> Gnome is very likely using it's own thing (as per the description,
> light-locker relies on lightdm while Gnome is using gdm3).

Thanks Andre.  I wonder whether we all refer to the same green button.
http://easthope.ca/UnlockYourDesktop.jpg
It wasn't among the first hundred or so images reported by Google.

I removed light-locker and green button continues to appear.  =8~(

peter@joule:/home/peter$ dpkg -l | grep locker
peter@joule:/home/peter$

I don't need a desktop environment particularly.  Definitely don't
need screen  locking.  A screen saver is a good idea.

With Wayland/Weston working I think of removing as much of gnome as
possible.

In case anyone has helpful tips about the transition from X11,
https://wiki.debian.org/wayland can be severely improved.

Thx,                                ... P.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140