LXQT desktop environment hangs?

Hi Friends!

LXQT says,

It will not get in your way. It will not hang or slow down your system.

However, I've experienced the opposite, especially when I'm using Firefox browser and attempt to open several pages in different tabs.

I don't think the problem lies with Firefox though because I didn't have that problem on Debian 10 XFCE.  I am now running Debian 11 LXQT.

I don't want to use XFCE again just because I want to try another.

Could LXDE be better?  Is there a way I can install LXDE to my existing Debian 11 running LXQT?  Or should I just fresh install Debian 11 with LXDE as the default desktop environment?

Thank you for your time.